I tend to sporadically post recipes to my blog, as and when I have tried and tested recipes that are fairly easy to concoct but really tasty. Chatting to a friend recently about tasty fish dishes, I remembered this little dish, which has been an old favourite of mine for quite some time but which I have neglected to make in the summer months so it had slipped my mind until now to post on my blog.
This vegetable and fish bake is tasty, easy to make and ideal for when you’re in need of a little Omega 3 boost:
Ingredients (Quantities shown serve two people)
- 1 small courgette
- 1 small aubergine
- 2 fish fillets (I generally use cod or haddock)
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Handful black pitted olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Halve the courgette and aubergine lengthways and slice into crescents.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the vegetables for five minutes until golden.
- Stir in the tin of chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Add a little extra water if necessary.
- Add pitted black olives and capers.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and carefully place chosen fish on the sauce.
- Cover the pan an cook for 8 to ten minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Season with black pepper to serve.